Wednesday 12 December 2012

The Little Fiat Hyde Park Lane


The journey through London on the airport buss in not the most exciting of trips, however it can be a revealing one. I moved away from London almost ten years ago and in those past ten years there have not been many years that have passed that I have not been back, London has changed remarkably as every cosmopolitan city dose over the years. I never really paid attention to these changes when I lived there and now I feel like more of a tourist when I visit.

Along Hyde Park the buss traveled, through the trees on the center island I saw an extraordinary thing, it captivated me for the brief moment I saw it enough to know I had to came back and photograph it.  I knew this picture would only ever work in black and white due to the amount of trees and combined with the amazing shades of the actual statue I began to envision what I was soon to create.


It was a few day later I returned Hyde Park camera and tripod in hand, with constant traffic traveling either sides of the island I knew this picture would easily be recognizable to my audience as a London image. The color of the hand looked powerful as it held the small fiat, the texture and of the arm and fingers was perfect wrapped around the body of the small fiat. Reviewing my image I knew I had captured the image I envisioned.

The Little Fiat Hyde Park Lane London

No comments:

Post a Comment