Monday 18 February 2013

The Final Day, Day Six


Horombo Hut (3705m) Marangu Gate (1860m) The Final Day

Campsite Above The Clouds

The final day, peering out of my tent I was greeted with a view that you don’t experience every day, a sea of clouds laid before me. The morning was cold as I walked around the camp, after a short while the sun began to rise above clouds and fell across Kilimanjaro and Horombo Huts.




Sunrise Over Kilimangaro

The traditional farval ceremonial songs and dance was to take place after breakfast, this tradition is to mark the near conclusion of our journey. The atmosphere around the camp was relaxed I guess having the hardest days behind us was a good feeling, there was also a sense of sadness knowing our journey and our Kilimanjaro adventure was coming to an end.


One Of the Many Huts at Horombo Hut


As we walked over the crest of the ridge the view over Horombo Huts was magnificent, from now the walk would be downward, this was the day that I get the shower I dreamed of, I have a feeling it will be the best shower I have ever had.








Closing Chapter

When I think about the six days that were spent on Kilimanjaro mountain and the days I thought the walk would never end, the faces I encountered and the conversations I had I have a feeling my story on Kilimanjaro has not found a conclusion, having not summated I guess it’s a feeling of un-finished business, so with that I will add my closing statement "To Be Continued".

No comments:

Post a Comment